Sunday, July 10, 2011

Natty Greene's Brewery - Southern Extral Pale Ale



The wife and I went out for "date night" and decide to stop at a local dining establishment called Queen Anne's Revenge.  As soon as we walk in the door, there are racks of wine and immediately past that is a wall full of different craft brews.  I admirably stared at the "beer wall" as I made my way to our table.  The waitress comes for our drink order.  I inquired about the beers on tap, to which she replies, "All of our taps are from Natty Green's Brewery."  "ohhh reallly?!

I think about my choices for a second and decide on the Southern Extra Pale Ale.  The beer makes it to our table and it's a nice clear gold/copper color with a white head.  Smelling the hoppy aroma, I take the first sip...delicious.  A medium body brew that has a rich crisp hoppy flavor with a hoppy, citrus finish.  Overall a very nice tasting beer.  It went really well with the crab dip appetizer....and the buffalo chicken bacon ranch pizza....and finished off the meal with one for dessert.

This is one fine tasting beer that is good to have on any summer afternoon and gets two thumbs up from this guy.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment