Sunday, July 3, 2011

Blue Moon - Summer Honey Wheat



'Tis the summer season and Independence Day weekend. Hot days filled with some outside work, grilling, spending time with family and friends, and enjoying your favorite seasonal ale such as Blue Moon's Summer Honey Wheat.
First a quick story...

I'm out in town running errands when I decide that I need beer.  I stop by a nearby store and walk to the beer aisle in search of liquid happiness.  No sooner than I reach the beer isle I hear, "Security scan all sections."  Well I think nothing of it and continue my search.  A couple of minutes later this guy appears out of nowhere and stands about 10 feet away from me.  I pay him no attention until he takes a couple of brief scans of me then pulls a feather duster from his back pocket and starts dusting random crap.

Now I know what is going on, I decided to have a little bit of fun.  I walk into the large cooler move a couple of 12 packs around, then walk back out, then back in, and play around a bit more.  Then I decide to walk out the side door of the cooler so I can spy on this guy.  He peeks in the cooler and doesn't see me so he walks in.  So I walk back to the aisle to where I last saw the guy. At last he appears, looking a bit agitated   It is then that I spot Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheat.

Anyway, it was because of that circumstance that I stumbled across the beer.  I must admit that is was fun screwing around with the "security guy".

Anyway, on to the beer. I like wheat ales and honey, so I figured that a honey wheat had the potential to be fairly decent. Boy was I right, so good in fact that after a couple I had a Frank the Tank moment.
On to the actual tasting... This is a light refreshing beer with a smooth finish. It has a nice aroma with hints of citrus and honey, sort of like a Belgian Wit. Absolutely delicious and goes with any type of food ... trust me. This is definitely a beer that gets a double thumbs up from this guy and will be a main stay in my fridge throughout the summer.

Happy Independence Day...Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment